Satellite Collective at BAM Fisher, Sept. 3-5, 2015….
Seven World Premiere Interdisciplinary Works
at BAM Fisher
September 3-5, 2015
In its 2nd season at BAM, Satellite Collective seeks to secure its role as a leading voice of interdisciplinary art in New York City. Created specifically for the Fishman Space, Satellite Collective’s Sept. performances will employ the collaborative visions of 29 artists from across the nation.
The evening will premiere post-classical music by four composers, ballet and modern dance works by three choreographers, a new animated set, two new short films, and a spoken work.
The Evenings Include:
- “I Can Help You” – spoken word by Stelth Ulvang of The Lumineers
- “SOLO” – a dance work by Devin Alberda of the New York City Ballet
- “A Pair of Ideal Landscapes” – Dance + Film by Esme Boyce & Lora Robertson with a score by Richie Greene
- “Water” – a new cello composition by David Moss with soundscape by Richie Greene
- “Music for Dance” – earthy, dynamic music of the Satellite Ensemble
- “Edie Leaves Twice” – a short film by Lora Robertson, score by Ellis Ludwig Leone, Libretto by Kevin Drape
- “Walls Are Here to Fall” – Dance + Multimedia by Manuel Vignoulle , Kevin Draper, Brandon Stirling Baker & Nick Jaina