Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake | Excepts from Act II….
Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake was first staged at Sadler’s Wells theatre in London in 1995. The longest running ballet in London’s West End and on Broadway, it has been performed in the UK, Los Angeles, Europe, Australia, Japan, Israel and Singapore.
- Original premiere in 1995, performed in London’s West End and toured across UK, USA, Europe, Japan
- Revived for Sadler’s Wells 2004 and returned for extended seasons in 2006/7, 2009/10, 2013/14
- Won Astaire Award for best dance on Broadway, Tony Awards for Best Director of a Musical, Choreography and Costume Design, 5 Drama Desk Awards, Los Angeles Drama Critics Award, The South Bank Show Award, Evening Standard Ballet Award, Olivier Award and many more
- Film version of Billy Elliott concludes with Billy about to take the lead in Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake
- Filmed in 3D for Sky Arts 2011
- 38 dancers
Adapted from Petipa’s Swan Lake
Composer: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky